Does writing copy for your website feels like a necessary
evil chore? That's because the passion and sparkle you get in your belly when you think about your business doesn't happen when you write about your business. So you put writing on the back burner while you focus on the fun parts; like choosing gorgeous photos for your site and telling everyone on social media about your business.
But eventually, you're going to have to stare writing in the face. And conquer it. Or make peace with it. Or something. But you can't just ignore it. Why? Because your future customers need to know that you have the magic dust (a.k.a. solutions) to the problems that perplex them. They need to be assured that you can make them happier, thinner, freer, sexier...well, you get the point.
So, let's just say it: The words on your site, if done right, convince browsers to become buyers. Frustrating, but true. And the sooner you get that out in the open, the sooner you can roll up your sleeves and get to work. I'll help you.
This is the part where you're sure this is going to cost you a fortune. If we did this the old-fashioned way (I subdue the writing dragon while you sip wine on the beach), yes, that's darn expensive. I'm not going to lie. But here's what I do differently. I encourage you to set the wine aside and write. Yes, write. Freestyle. No pressure to get it perfect. And when you've said everything you need to say about your business, I come in and help you edit it like a pro, but keep your personality. So in the end, you save a ton of money and you've learned a new skill. How does that sound?
-Lindy CallahanFreelance Content Marketer
-Tag GouletFabjob/IAP Career College
-Felicia HowePrimrose Organics Salon & Spa
-Victoria BehmNutrition For Vibrant Living
-Sharron PinheiroEve Organics Beauty
-Macey LeyLearning Sciences International
-Rachael MaddisonRM Creatives
I've worked with
- book publishers
- indie authors
- state politicians
- religious leaders
- spa owners
- beauty brand owners
- magazine publishers
- lifestyle bloggers
- graphic designers
Want to get your website (re)written NOW? Want to stop handing over all those sales to your competitor (ouch)? Wanna pick a package below so we can get started?
- You’re a great communicator and your senior thesis was a masterpiece. But writing web copy that sells is unlike other writing. It’s a mashup of research, wit, and psychology. And it can’t sound like an ad. It needs to be engaging and conversational.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you’re struggling to get it perfect after endless rewrites. Let me finesse it. I'll comb through your site and show you how to take decent copy and make it stellar by tweaking a word, moving a paragraph, or adding a stronger call to action. I can polish your Home page, About Me page, or specific sales pages. Stop procrastinating and get your website done already . I'm here to help you.
- Note: This is not a rewrite. I go through your website and offer detailed, written instructions on how to make your writing stronger. If you'd like to see a sample edit, email me.
Strategy + Editor's Notes
One-on-One Phone Consult
Need a pro writer to give you and your website personalized attention? Let’s do this on the buddy system. I’d love to read what you’ve written (even if it’s on a napkin), provide action steps to improve it, and give you the encouragement you need to get past your writer’s block. Not sure how to find your brand's "voice"? I can help with that, too.
- On this phone chat, I’ll share my copywriting secrets I use to create the magic for my clients, so you can make your web copy (and your products) absolutely irresistible. We can work on whatever pages you want. And at the end, you'll get a recording of our strategy session + my written editor's notes that you can refer to whenever you need. Let’s do this!
- NOTE: This is a one hour strategy session + editor's notes to one page of web writing. Additional time will be billed at $95 an hour. Additional pages will be billed at $179 each.
I Write It For You
- You're about to launch your dream business (or re-brand it) and you're losing sleep over your website. You know powerful copy is at the center of your sales strategy, but you're stuck. Let me help. Over video calls, I’ll work with you to craft words that speak the "language" of your ideal customer and make it hard to say, “No” to what you’re selling. We’ll dig into your market research and pull out what your customer wants and assure them that your products are the perfect match. We’ll study your competitors to see what differences we can highlight about your offerings, and we’ll design a brand voice that complements the overall personality of your business; then I’ll get to work writing so you can focus on the other 99 things you have to do. Or you can get back to your wine on the beach. This will be a game-changer for your business.